Pages

Friday 5 February 2016

Day of fun with Mum - Homewares shopping


This New Year Mum and I set it as our New Years Resolution to spend one day a month together, just us.  With very busy lives we very rarely get time to ourselves to just be Mum and daughter. As life takes over it is very easy to miss out on spending quality time with the most important people to you. That stops now, for one day out of 28/31 days in the month we are going to put the chores on hold and instead do something fun!

We were going to take up a night class together however we couldn't decide on one that we would both enjoy and benefit from.  Instead, we are going to choose an activity that we will both enjoy, some ideas we already have are a horse riding class/hack, having a make over, a personal shopping experience, theatre trip and having the most scrummy afternoon tea that Cheshire has on offer! If you can think of something for us to do that's a bit different to the norm, please let us know in the comments box below!

On Sunday we headed to the Barton Square which is the dedicated home store section of the Trafford Centre.We both love interiors, we even love admiring the trends that would necessarily work in our homes but equally would look amazing in the right space.My mums house is like a clutter free show home with carefully selected pieces that all look beautifully together. Obviously I have two little ladies and along with that I am a fan of 'dust collectors' so my house is more shabby chic and sometimes with more emphasis on the shabby!!

We actually arrived really very early, so after coffee and cake whilst giggling away we decided to drive to the nearby retail park which has the Dunelm Mill and one of my favourite stores, B&M Bargains! A lot of my household accessories are from both of these stores, as when I feel like revamping a room I can do this relatively inexpensively by carefully selecting a few key pieces to add to the theme of choice. I am a great lover of the shabby chic look, its not for everyone, but it is for me and our home.

In Dunelm Mill I picked up some gorgeous loral oilcloth and fabric which I have selected for an upcylcing project. You will be able to hear more about this next Friday when I hope to upload a Freebie Friday post all about finding free or very cheap items and giving them a new lease of life to be loved in our home.

I lusted after everything in the Dorma display!



This chair is stunning! Sadly I don't think hubby would agree to spending £799 on one chair, but oh my, it looks good!! I loved these large ceramic candle holders in a gorgeous duck egg blue colour. I couldn't find the blue ones on the Dunelm Mill website but you can find the cream version here. These beautiful cushions would be a great statement piece.


We then headed in to B&Ms where I found a lot more than I anticipated!



I adore inspirational signs so I couldn't resist this extra large grey wooden heart (£3.99), heart plaque (£2.99) and blue multi sign (£2.99). They will look lovely dotted around the house. I also adore this Happiness Is Homemade jug (£3.99) which perfectly displays these cheery daffodils.


I couldn't resist this little trio pots of lavender (£2.49) which will brighten up the room ready for spring. This gorgeous teapot of lavender (£2.49) is adding a little cheery to my kitchen shelves. As I said before I am a sucker for motivational comments so this metallic print Happiness Lies Within mug and at a whole 99p it had to come home with me!

I have been looking for a new biscuit barrel (£2.49) for some time now so snapped up this beauty! I also got the matching bread bin (£5.99) to store extra rolls/crumpets etc in that don't fit in our current bread bin. Its a little dented but as it was the last one I thought it was still worth getting. I later picked up this 'for display purposes only' tea towel form Marks and Spencer!



We then scooted back to Barton Square to browse the other home stores. I have decided to give out bedroom a little makeover soon. I have decided a fresh white look would look better than our current Eau De Nil scheme. I plan to add accessories in to change the colour scheme as and when my fickle heart decides a change is needed!! My mum treated me to a lovely new white bedding set in the BHS sale which was a fantastic £27 for a super king set! Mum also got me these beautiful beaded cushions so I can add in a hint of grey. I will be back with a bedroom makeover soon.




We had a lovely day together doing some homewares shopping whilst setting the world to rights! I'm looking forward to our February Day of Fun With Mum already!

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment